Ta Da! My New Blog

So, here we are.  I finally have a blog.  Some of you who know me may say it's about time.  I have always loved words, as far back as I can remember.  When I was young, I would read late into the night, often devouring whole books in one sitting.  My mother even bought me a book entitled The Highly Selective Thesaurus for the Extraordinarily Literate, full of intriguing words that were not often spoken or heard.  Then, a few years ago, I was imbued with the feeling that I would someday write a book or two or three.  And I felt as though that very feeling was an inspiration from God.  That much being said, I believe I should be writing more! 

I was given a diary at the age of 11 or 12 and began writing.  At that time, it was nothing more than who liked who at school, my current crushes, and how terrible my parents were to me.  But my love for words and writing grew as I lived this thing called life and had more experiences to sift through.  I was not the most outgoing of youngsters and this compounded by the fact that didn't have oodles of close girl friends to talk to meant that I dealt with much of my own turmoil with one person, me.  I would often spend so much time thinking things over in my own head, yet I could not come to a solution.  Often, writing it out would help me tremendously.  And I did survive adolescence, teenagerdom, and even college, so something must have been working.  Was it writing alone that helped me survive and cope?  Not likely, because somewhere in the middle of my mess, God - through Jesus - stepped in to save me.  Still writing was a God given instrument that helped me cope with my life circumstances. 

Fast forward to today.  Now I work three days a week outside of our home and every other day inside of our home as a wife and mommy.  I am married to a wonderful man and we have a two year old son and a daughter on the way.  All of these details should sketch a life that is very busy and is about to get even busier.  So why start a blog now?  We may be adding to our family, which certainly ups the busyness ante, but I am also potentially leaving my job...  For good.  I'm scared to even say that, much less write it.  Petrified even.  What if's begin bouncing around in my head and I can hardly contain them all, but through the uncertainty of our financial situation, John and I know that we want me to be the one at home with our babies.  If I will be a stay at home mom (SAHM) soon with a dream to write a book or two or three someday, I should probably be more intentional to write and to do it often.  Hence the new blog. 

I hope that you enjoy, and I hope that I am diligent to write often.  I would imagine topics will be random and many, marriage, childrearing, my walk as a Christ follower, cloth diapering, random rants and raves, and more...  Stay tuned to my life as an adventure...

ad·ven·ture [ad-ven-cher] noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.
1. an exciting or very unusual experience.
2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.

3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Foray into *Somewhat* Extreme Couponing…

Sex, the Church, and Erotica or a Peek into Pulling Back the Shades

So... It's been a while!